Military Project Accomplishments to Date
share this page
The FINRA Investor Education Foundation's Military Financial Readiness Project delivers free, unbiased financial education tools and training to service members, their spouses and on-base financial educators through a variety of projects and public awareness initiatives. A participant in the U.S. Department of Defense Financial Readiness Network, our primary goal is to help military families manage their money with confidence.
The Foundation launched the Military Financial Readiness Project in February 2006. Among our most significant achievements to date, the project has:
- Reached over 47,800 members of the military community face-to-face at 515 Military Financial Readiness Forums at over 300 installations and locations worldwide and at sea in the Persian Gulf—covering topics ranging from credit and debt management to saving and investing for retirement;
- Awarded fellowships to more than 1,500 military spouses for the Accredited Financial Counselor® certificate, offering the chance to earn a career-enhancing credential while providing financial counseling to the military community—participants have logged more than 482,000 practicum hours in their communities;
- Updated and distributed over one million copies of Money and Mobility, a guide for managing money during PCS moves and deployments;
- Helped Warriors In Transition by distributing 38,000 copies of our guide on saving and investing disability benefits and holding forums at military medical facilities, such as the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center;
- Provided expertise and funding to key partners, including Military Saves and the Military Family Advisory Network;
- Fielded and released research which underscores the importance of fostering financial education for service members; and
- Provided no-cost access to an online credit management tool helping over 286,000 service members and spouses understand and improve their credit scores.
The Foundation’s SaveAndInvest.org website provides tools and information on a wide range of financial topics for both military families and military financial educators. The FINRA Foundation has a Department of Defense Financial Readiness Network Statement of Support and holds a USCG Qualified Organization Designation.